This group works on the following research areas of nonconventional energy form. (Solar PV cell (Solar Thermal (Solar MPPT (Hybrid energy generation & Control
(Distributed generation (Smart grid (Rural & Agricultural Hardware project development
Undergoing projects: (Performance analysis of a 20kw gassifier & working on design of the 5kw miniature version of the same. (Setting up of the kitchen wastebiogas
conversion plant. (Solar concentrator based community cooking system. (Design of multiple input conversion system for grid connected hybrid generation
system. Skill development in Renewable Energy (SuryaMiitra-MNRE/NSDC Sponsored Training Program), is also creating infrastructure for various other skill training
potentials in biomass & biogas, water treatment plant etc. Working on Sustainability analysis of rural microenterprise development with RE intervention (working
in a village cluster in Kandhamal), The group conducts employment oriented training programs to the undergraduate students in summer and fall on renewable
- The REC group have won WIPRO EARTHIAN-2015 Award.
- The REC group won the runners up in IIT BHU in innovative energy saving device.
- REC group member had been awarded with internship with stipend of 25000PM in World Resource Institute, Bangalore in 2016 Summer.
- (AICTE Sponsored 3day National Seminar on "Dispersed Generation & Smart Grid" Mr. Bhagabati P. Pattnaik as the convener.
- Conducted during 29th Nov. - 1st Dec. 2013. (UNDP Sponsored Workshop on "SCALING UP CLEAN ENERGY PROGRAMME FOR RURAL PRODUCTIVE AND
DOMESTIC USE", to act as an organizing consultant for the state Odisha. 17th Jan. 2014.
- Climate Parliament -Study on Renewable Energy policies and suggestions towards implementation in collaboration with Sun Moksha.
- Conducted awareness workshop on roof top solar program for academic institutes of Odisha in hotel New Marrion, Bhubaneswar during Jan.30th 2016 in
association with OREDA, MNRE and SECI 1Lakh.
- Conducted "Stake holders' workshop" at Anugul during the Village Microgrid inauguration in association with MNRE 3.84Lakhs.