NIST DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI (NDA) AWARD 2019
NIST Distinguished Alumni (NDA) Award is the highest honour bestowed upon a former student of NIST. Every year National Institute of Science and Technology (Autonomous) honours and recognises its Alumni's outstanding life time achievement with distinction and extraordinary contribution in any of the areas such as a) Industry Leadership, b) Academics & Research, c) Entrepreneurship, and d) Public Life.
Through this award, NIST encourages other alumni to excel in life. NIST Distinguished Alumni awardees serve as ambassadors for the institute and are role models for the current students.
We've taken the plunge into NDA 2019. Hope you'll do your bit to make it a success by nominating your notable alumnus for NDA 2019.
Criteria for Nomination
Following are criteria/requirement for individual's nomination for NDA award.
- Person must be a graduate of NIST prior to submission of the nomination.
- Nomination is to be submitted in prescribed form available in our website (alumni.nist.edu).
- Fully completed nomination form must be submitted by 30-9-2019.
- Individual's lifetime service with distinction and outstanding contribution in areas such as
a) Industry Leadership,
b) Academics & Research,
c) Entrepreneurship and
d) Public Life
will be considered.
The individual nominee must have:
- Highest degree of proficiency in his/her professional disciplines/areas with outstanding accomplishments/contribution.
- Individual's contribution in field(s) of his/her distinction must be of exceptionally high standard contributing to benefit of society and making NISTians proud.
- Must be a high achiever in his/her fields and becoming a true role model for future generation, specifically student/alumni community of NIST.
How to Submit Nomination
- Any graduating member of NIST alumni can only nominate based on the nomination criteria as mentioned in section above.
- Self-nomination is not permitted.
- Nomination must be accompanied by two other reference nominators who are very much acquainted with individual's accomplishment/contribution.
- Submission form (Download here) must be duly filled and:
sent via post to
Dr. Mihir Hota
Head of Alumni Relation
National Institute of Science and Technology
Institute Park, Pallur Hills, Berhampur-761008
- Availability of form starts from 30th April, 2019
- Last date for sending nominations: 30th September, 2019