Sponsored Research and Industrial Consultancy (SRIC) Center of National Institute of Science and Technology, Berhampur is organizing a One-Day Workshop on Industry-Academia Interaction: Opportunities for Entrepreneurs in collaboration with Orissa Young Entrepreneurs Association (OYEA) and TiE, Bhubanseswar on 22nd December 2016. It will be a conglomerate of academicians, researchers, industrialists, banks and funding agencies, government officials, and entrepreneurs. Through discussions, presentations, and brain-storming, the programme aims at breaking the ice for innovative ideas of the young would-be entrepreneurs, understanding and addressing the gap between industrial needs and the available technical and managerial support from the interdisciplinary research works of academia, channelizing funding from the sources to the end users and thereby encouraging the spirit of entrepreneurship among the youth of this generation.
Objective of the Workshop
- Building conducive environment for entrepreneurial ventures by sharing the practical experiences of industrialists and entrepreneurs with the aspiring minds.
- Making the delegates aware of the salient promotional schemes and information with respect to entrepreneurship by Govt. officials/NABARD/Banks.
- Making available the advanced laboratories, faculty expertise, and incubation facilities at NIST to enable testing, developing prototype and manufacturing.
- Bridging the gap between industry and academics on various functional areas by promoting collaborative research and consultancy activities.
- Encouraging New Start-Ups.
The National Institution of Science and Technology, (NIST) was established in 1996, NAAC accredited with Grade "A" with a high score of 3.22 out of 4 at Berhampur, Odisha. The Institute has the vision "To Create engineering minds capable of mastering the global challenges of tomorrows technology". Within a short span of time under the vision and leadership of Prof. SangramMudali, Director and Prof. GeetikaMudali, Placement Director, NIST has grown to become one of the best and ideal Engineering Institute in Eastern India. A dedicated cell for scientific research and industrial Consultancy has been set-up to increase research activities apart from educational curriculum. Apart from research oriented activities we also have two AICTE funded Emeritus Professors working at NIST. In addition, the faculty of the Institute has been awarded 3 URSI Young Scientist Awards. NIST has been ranked #64 in top 75 Engineering Colleges in India by the Outlook, July 2016 and has been ranked #13 in India by DataQuest - CMRSurvey Report 2013-2014. NIST RANKED 69th in All-India and 1st among all Engineering College in BPUT by MHRD, National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF) , Govt. of India.
Sponsored Research and Industrial Consultancy (SRIC) Center at National Institute of Science & Technology (NIST) is responsible for the promotion, facilitation, coordination and administration of all the sponsored and consultancy projects handled by the faculty of NIST. Sponsored Research and Industrial Consultancy are the two important modes through which the faculty members can keep themselves upgraded to the frontiers of knowledge and the latest developments in the technology towards fulfilling the mission and vision of our Institute.It is the endeavor of the SRIC Center to encourage the faculty to the state of the art advancements in various aspects of science and technology towards industrial applications and participate in the socio-economic development of the state and the country as well.
Speakers List (Tentative)
- Prof. Rishikesha T. Krishnan, Director, IIM, Indore (Innovations in the Indian Context)
- Dr Ashok Das, CEO, SunMoksha, Bangalore (Renewable Energy - New Opportunities)
- Mr Vijay Gupta, CEO, ThinkSys, Delhi (New Age Entrepreneurs in Information Technology)
- ShriPartha S. Mishra, IAS, MD, OSIC (Govt. Schemes to Promote Entrepreneurship)
- Shri Sushant Mishra, President, TATA SEZ, Gopalpur (Manufacturing and Mining Industry Opportunities in Odisha)
- Mr. J. B. Pany, Director, InDNA, Life Sciences Pvt., Ltd. (Marketing Challenges for Entrepreneurs and Start-Up Policy of Odisha)
- Mr. Rajen Padhi, Director General, Utkal Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Bhubaneswar (Promotion of Entrepreneurship)
- Shri Sriram Panda, Chairman-cum-MD,Mega Food Park, MITS, Rayagada (Agriculture and Food Processing: A New Dawn)
- Shri M.S. Hariharan, Senior Regional Manager, IOB, Berhampur (Funding Schemes for Start-Ups and Entrepreneurs)
- Shri D.Tripathy, Asst. General Manager, NABARD, Berhampur (Industrial Finance and Funding Schemes)
- Shri ShyamCharan Dash, GM, DIC, Cuttack (Opportunities for Small and Medium Scale Enterprises)
- Shri A. K. Mohapatra, CGM and Head, IREL, Gopalpur (Opportunities in Minerals and Manufacturing Sector)
- Shri SibasisMaity, MD, CTTC, Bhubaneswar (Promotional Schemes of CTTC for Entrepreneurs)
- Shri Utpal K Pati, Dy Director, Department of Tourism, Govt. of Odisha (Opportunities in Tourism and Hospitality)
- Prof. Sangram Mudali, Director, NIST
- Prof. Geetika Mudali, Placement Director, NIST
- Dr. Ajit K. Panda
- Dr. Prabhat K. Sahu
- Dr. Motahar Reza
- Dr. Jatindra Kumar Das
- Dr. Basant Kumar Sahu
- Dr. Satya S. Mahato
- Mr. Diptiranjan Lenka
- Mr. Shom Prasad Das
- Mr. Bhawani S. Pattnaik
- Mr. Chinmay Sahu
- Dr. Bishnukar Nayak
- and NIST Family
Contact DetailsDr. Prabhat K. Sahu
Sponsored Research and Industrial Consultancy (SRIC) Center
Contact :Mb.: 9438913158, EMail: email@example.com
Programme ScheduleInauguration: 10 AM
Venue: NIST Auditorium Hall